Check ups are important appointments. At every one we will ask you if you have any problems or concerns with your teeth. It is also your chance to let us know if there is anything we can change or improve for you.
At every check up we will:
- check your teeth for signs of decay, any broken or cracked teeth or fillings which you are unaware of
- check and record the gum health, looking for signs of gum disease
- check your jaw and occlusion (biting)
- check your soft tissues for any unusual changes which could be signs of disease (such as oral cancer)
- we will sometimes take x-rays to check inside the teeth and under fillings for signs of early decay and monitor the level of the bone around the teeth.
Hopefully everything will be fine, however, if there are problems that need attention,we will discuss treatment options with you and give you an estimate of any costs involved.